the goings on of mah sweet little doodle bug-yes its sickly sweet

Friday, May 23, 2008

a quick one

This morning Konrad was up with Max and I was in bed pretending to be asleep just a little longer. I got to eavesdrop as Max recounted his dream of the previous night. After a scathing indictment of mom "mama did not put the blanket on last night!" Max launched into the dream:

Max: There were dinosaurs in my bed and they were eating me, then Mama woke me up!
I felt like piping in "I DID put the covers on! I didn't wake you up!" but I kept quiet.

Papa: Oh they ate you? Was it funny like this? (insert classic papa eating max attack)
Max: No.
Papa: Oh, it sounded kind of funny.
Max: No it wasn't.

Its strange to imagine that they have nightmares at such a young age even though even earlier you can tell when they awake from a scary dream...but to be able to tell it...it seems like a new step.
Konrad gave him an alternate scenario like oh I thought those dinosaurs would want to play (or something along those lines) and later when Max told me his dream it had the new ending. So that's a benefit of the new level of comprehension and expression I suppose. Maybe next time the dinosaurs will bring him a birthday cake or something.

2 comments:

jukipants said...

When we come to visit, we must celebrate the missed birthdays! MoRE MAX stories, please, and photos, the lot!! These morsels fill me with joy! Need more MAX.

Unknown said...

Did Max watch "Night at the Museum?"

ha ha

now that I think about it, it's pretty cool that you can take him to the Natural History Museum when he's old enough and see dino bones!

big hug to the whole fam dam.

Followers